Computer Classes / Resume Writing Classes
Mon & Tues: 1:00 PM- 3:00 PM
This program is designed to provide intermediate computer and resume writing skills.
- Identify hardware components; Identify types of software; Use Windows Explorer
- Search the World Wide Web; Explore the internet; Establish an E-Mail Account
- Discuss the importance of Data Protection; Write a Resume
After School Programs – (Ages 6 – 12)
Mon – Fri: 2:30 PM – 6:00 PM
This program is designed to provide tutoring and home work assistance for school age children.
- Provide a safe place for children to go after school until parents get off of work
- Provide home work help for children having difficulty completing
- Provide tutoring on specific subjects: Math, Science, English, Spelling
- Provide ACT and SAT and Iowa Test study material and course evaluation
- Provide career counseling for College prep students
GED prep – (Youth and Adult Classes)
Mon – Wed: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
This program is designed to provide GED classes and certificates for youth who seek alternative education to high school and for adults who are in need of GED certificate.
- Provide structured learning environment for duration of course
- Assess current education level
- Teach GED curriculum as outlined in the Kennedy King College program
- Advance students through the structured program toward completion
- Graduate students with a GED certificate from Kennedy King College
Thurs. 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
This program is designed to allow families to spend time together with activities such as:
- Games, Movies and Arcade games
- Computer skills.
- Dance classes
- Bible classes
Open Mic Night
Tues: 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
This program is designed to allow youth ages 12-22 to express themselves through the art of Singing, Rapping, Poetry or Dance.
- Foster a positive relationship between youths and their peers
- Provide training and teach the art of poetry for those interested
- Establish self confidence and increase self-esteem by performing in front of an audience.
- Build character, integrity and determination by competing for a specific prize
- Fostering a community bond by working with different youth in the same area